Family and Consumer Science
The goal of FACS is to prepare individuals to be capable, confident and caring in managing their personal, family and career live as they enter a world of constant change. The courses in the FACS curriculum are designed to help our students to improve their quality of life by preparing them to meet their present and future responsibilities as family members, consumers, home managers and wage earners.
Students are expected to attend class, be punctual, and complete all required work. Extra help is available before and after school in room 106 with Ms. Planker.
Family and Consumer Science Courses * (all courses are one semester)
- Foods 1 and 2 (9th -12th grades)
- Regional Foods (10th -12th grades)
- International Foods (11th and 12th grades)
- Clothing 1 and 2 (9th -12th grades)
- Life Skills (8th grade requirement)
- BLS Careershttp://www.bls.gov/k12/
- FCCLA http://www.fcclainc.org/
- Fight BAChttp://www.fightbac.org/
- USDA My Platehttp://www.choosemyplate.gov/
- Fooducate http://www.fooducate.com/
- ConKerr Cancer Pillowcaseshttp://www.conkerrcancer.org/
*Course descriptions can be found in the course catalogue.
Contact: Ms. Cynthia Planker, teacher