December 7, 2016
Attendance: Executive Board - Present – Mary Terranova, Melissa Morin, Sandra Wrightington, Cathy Costanzo, Mary DeBlasio, Sophia Gomez. Absent – Julio Mancilla, Joanna Jo, Angela Beck, Carrie Eliopoulos, Rosa Morel, Militsa Lombardo
Meeting called to order by President Mary Terranova at 6:40 PM
November 2, 2016 meeting minutes approved
- Pleased Hero and Cool Kids started.
- LS Christmas Boutique is being held December 13th, 14th, and 15th – volunteers needed.
- Thank you to the parents who volunteered their time at the ECC Holiday Boutique. It was a success!
- Administrators not available for meeting
Board of Education Report
- BOE Liaison not available for meeting
Executive Board Reports
Melissa Morin – PTA Vice President/Corresponding Secretary
- More letters for donations for the Fashion Show went out
- 118 people have joined our Facebook Page
Militsa Lombardo – PTSA Vice President
Rosa Morel – Treasurers Report
- $2200.00 being deposited from the ECC Holiday Boutique
Carrie Eliopoulos (absent) – Membership Chairperson (report given by Mary Terranova)
- Totals to date…. P.T.A. – 156 P.T.S.A. - 53
Cathy Costanzo - Bylaws/Rules
Teachers/Students Liaison Reports
Mary DeBlasio – P.T.S.A. Teacher Liaison
- Sign ups for model and volunteers for Fashion Show has ended
- Hero and Cool Kids is made up of 30 HS students. Recently they met with LS students and are also receiving training on how to talk to the younger students.
Angela Beck – P.T.A. Teacher Liaison
Sophia Gomez – Senior Class President
- December 17th Breakfast with Santa
- Prom is June 1, 2017 at Il Villagio
- Junior Class will be selling Gertrude Hawk Chocolates
- Christmas Grams are being sold until 12/19
Rock the Runway Fashion Show – March 16, 2016 – 6:00 PM, the Fiesta in Wood Ridge, NJ.
- Model Sign Ups ends today
- Fashion Show Price - $20 for models which includes buffet backstage, $25 for children (12 and under) and $40 for adults, sit down meal
- Silent Auction – need more donations, letters to executive board and parents to solicit donations
- The following businesses are sponsoring the clothing for the event….
Myboubou - 10 -12 dresses, Group USA – 10 dresses, Sal Lauretta for Men – 12 – 15 Tuxedos, T.J. Maxx
Book Fair for Lindbergh moved up
- Entire week of 2/27/16 from 8:30 AM – 2:45 PM
- Volunteers needed
Father/Daughter, Mother/Son Spring Dance – Pre K – 6th grade
- Possible date, Friday May 19th @ 6:30 PM in the H.S. Gymnasium
- Need to get BOE approval for use of facilities
- DJ, snacks, drinks
7th and 8th Grade Sock Hop
- Possible date, Friday June 2nd from 6:00 – 10:00 PM
- Need to come up with new ideas where to have it
- Students no longer like the boat idea
- Possibility – holding it on Chelsea Pier for the entire time or if IPlay America is still available, holding it there.
- Join our Facebook page for all school related announcements and updates
- Parent link on the school district website, www.palpkschools.org
Meeting Adjourned at 7:58 PM